Happy New Year!
While it hardly seems possible that another year is in the rear-view mirror, it is indeed a fact.
I'm quite sure that this past year held many victories as well as many challenges. If your life is anything like mine, it can seem like you're on an intense roller coaster ride. Like everything else, these times will pass, too. I hope all is well and that you all are staying safe during COVID!
I am very fortunate to have been elected as the President by the grace of Lord Venkateshwara and Parvatha Vardhini Sametha Ramalingeswara Swami, along with the priests’ blessings, and the trust extended to me by my fellow trustees. I am very excited to be part of the new, experienced, and enthusiastic Executive Committee. Our focus will be to serve the lord and provide excellent services to the devotees.
The past administration, under the leadership of Mrs. Sheela Lingam, has done a tremendous job in completing major projects like building the Perimeter Wall, improved landscaping, and beautification of the premises in spite of the difficult times faced due to COVID.
Vision and Focus:
We have excellent priests, and they are great at what they do. To complement their work, our focus will be primarily about devotee experience, and financial health.
- Increase religious activities and events.
- Major events, KumbhaAbhishekam and Sri Yagam, got postponed due to COVID, stay tuned for more details while we put them back on the schedule.
- Increase Community Outreach programs and devotee engagement.
- Automate and Modernize Front Office Operations.
- Increase the use of Social Media to reach more devotees.
- Use the HTA brand to help the devotees in crisis – an organized support system to include legal aid, financial or emotional support.
- Improve security and surveillance.
- Financial Health: Public funding is critical for educational institutions or religious organizations to survive and thrive. 2020 has been a challenging year and this may continue well into 2021, it is our duty to collectively come up with several creative projects to bolster the longevity of the temple’s financial health.
How Can You Help:
Volunteer, Contribute, and Participate.Thank you,